All children have the right to a rigorous, high-quality education which meets
their individual needs. UCS will respect, encourage and empower each and every
student to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to be
successful, contributing members of a diverse community and global society.
We are committed to exemplary teaching and learning in order for
our students to be prepared for success in the 21st Century.
We will achieve
this commitment by engaging the entire community to focus on each child's
achievement, with the expectation that every student will pursue some type of
post-high school educational endeavor.
Providing Academic Excellence
Academic excellence doesn't happen by accident - it takes hard work and
everyone working together.
- UCS students consistently score higher on tests than their state and
- The UCS graduation rate is 90 percent - 12 points higher than the state
- Nearly 2,000 UCS students in grades 9-12 participated in Advanced Placement
courses in 2015. Sixty-three percent of UCS students taking an AP exam earned a
college-ready score of 3 or higher on the exam, surpassing the national average
by nearly 20 points.
Promoting Student Innovation
At Utica Community Schools, we understand the importance of supporting
students' unique interests and learning styles.
From elementary school to senior year, UCS students have access to a wide
range of classes, programs and extracurricular activities designed to promote
Preparing Positive Digital Citizens
Utica Community Schools is recognized as a national leader in the innovative
use of educational technology by providing digital tools and content that
increases student achievement.
UCS created a home-school partnership that
fosters development of digital citizenship skills, empowering students to be
effective technology users while promoting safety and responsibility.
- UCS has the lowest total millage rate of any school district in Macomb
- UCS has attained the highest level of assurance independent auditors can
provide over the past 12 consecutive years.
- UCS is recognized for its commitment to comprehensive annual financial
- UCS has an "آA+" credit rating from Standard and Poor's.