Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of a school year and live within the Utica Community Schools are eligible to attend kindergarten (Please note - children who will turn five between September 1, 2016 and December, 2016 may enroll in kindergarten in 15-16 if parents complete a waiver). All children must be registered for school by their sixth birthday.
You may enroll your child in the school he or she will attend any time during the regular school year. If you are not sure which school your child will attend, call the Pupil Services Department at 586.797.1120.
When you register, please bring the following documents:
- Child's birth certificate
- Michigan driver's license, Michigan ID or appropriate employment picture ID
- Lease agreement, closing papers or property tax bill
- Most recent report card to assist with grade and class assignment (school officials will request transcripts from your child's previous school) and...
- Immunization records detailing the day, month and year your child was vaccinated against measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and other serious illnesses. If you need more information on immunizations, please call 586-797-1120.
A registration packet is available at this link.